OPERATOR'S, UNIT, AND DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
CONTAINERIZED SHOWER & SHOWER, ENCLOSED UNIT, SYSTEM
OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS OPERATING PROCEDURES
Both models of shower have similar operating procedures. The Containerized Shower has additional
equipment to allow it to operate as a stand-alone installation. The Shower, Enclosed Unit, System
operates exclusively as a component of Force Provider, and is dependent on the Force Provider power,
freshwater, and waste water grids. Procedures or steps pertaining to only one model are noted as either
(Containerized Shower only) or (Shower, Enclosed Unit, System only).
To operate either shower model, ensure that an adequate freshwater supply is available and has been
turned on. Place all water distribution system shutoff valves in the open position. Place all circuit
breakers in the circuit breaker panel in the ON position (Containerized Shower only). To operate shower
components, proceed as follows:
Operation of Container
Operate in accordance with TM 55-8115-204-23&P.
Operation of 3000 gallon Water Tank (Containerized Shower only)
Operate in accordance with TM 10-5430-237-12&P.
Operation of Sewage Ejection Pump (SEP)
Operate in accordance with TM 10-4630-206-13&P.
Operation of 30 gpm Water Pump (Containerized Shower only)
1. Ensure M-80 water heater is OFF (alarm will sound if M-80 power switch is turned ON). Refer to TM
10-4520-259-13&P for operating instructions.
2. Locate and remove cap from unused 1-inch QDC fitting (1) on pump. Using a bucket or hose, pour
freshwater into the fitting until pump is full. Recap QDC fitting.
3. Locate the pump water pressure gauge (2) below the pressure switch (3).
4. Locate the motor controller (4), mounted on the pump system pressure tank (5).
5. Depress the green push button (6) on the motor controller (4).
6. Lift the override lever (7) on the pressure switch (3). Pump will operate immediately.
7. Check rotation of pump. An arrow on the pump body (8) indicates the proper direction of rotation. If
pump is rotating in the opposite direction, shut down power to the pump and notify Unit Maintenance.
8. Release the override lever (7) when the water pressure gauge (2) indicates 25 psi.
9. Pump will operate automatically when pressure drops below 20 psi, and will shut off at 40 psi.
10. The pump may be shut down by depressing the red button (9) on the motor controller.