Replacement freshwater pumps may be supplied with the motor alignment 90o off,
creating interference problems between the motor junction box and the pump pressure
tank. If this is the case, remove the four bolts securing the pump to the motor, turn the
motor until the junction box is aligned with the pump discharge, and replace the four
13. Install discharge fittings (11) as an assembly on replacement pump discharge outlet (12).
14. Install inlet fittings and Y strainer (10) as an assembly on replacement pump (8).
15. Install replacement pump (8) with fittings in pump frame (9).
16. Install four bolts (7) to secure pump (8) to frame (9).
17. Install -inch discharge hose (6).
18. Tighten hose clamps (5) on -inch discharge hose (6).
19. Remove screws (1) retaining junction box cover (2) to junction box (13) on replacement pump (8).
20. Remove junction box cover (2) on replacement pump (8).
Installing the conduit may require knocking out a hole in the side of the junction box.
Examine the conduit connection hole on the old pump, and look for a precut knock out at
the corresponding position on the replacement pump's junction box. The knock out may
be removed by striking with a punch or screwdriver.
21. Install conduit (4) on replacement pump junction box (13) and secure with conduit locknut.
22. Install wires (3) on replacement pump (8), including ground.
23. Install junction box cover (2), and secure with junction box cover screws (1).
24. Connect pump to power, and briefly operate to determine direction of rotation. This can be observed
at the fan end (1) of the pump motor. Rotation should be clockwise when looking at the fan end on