Disassemble Heat Trace Assembly
The heat trace assembly is hot and may cause serious burns if handled before it has time to
completely cool off. Ensure the heat trace has had at least 15 minutes to cool off from the
time it was unplugged/turned-off before removing it. Failure to do so may cause serious
burn injury to personnel.
1. Unplug the power cord (1) to the heat trace assembly (2).
2. Remove foil tape securing insulation, and dispose of insulation and tape IAW Unit SOP.
3. Remove foil tape from end of heat trace assembly (2). Dispose of tape IAW Unit SOP.
4. Unwrap coil from blackwater valve (3).
5. Coil cord.
6. Collect heat trace assembly and store.