Replace the Draft Inducer Fan
Always secure and tag circuit breakers in the OFF position or disconnect equipment's
power cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs
(or tests) such as replacing a light bulb. Remember that the latrine is a wet environment
capable of posing an electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with
energized wires or metal parts. Failure to observe this safety warning may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Remove the cover (1) from junction box (2).
2. Tag and disconnect the wiring in the junction box (2).
3. Remove screws (3) securing vent fan assembly (4) to 4 inch PVC pipe (5).
4. Pull the fan assembly (4) away from the hole that has been cut in the 4-inch PVC pipe (5).
5. Place the fan assembly (4) into the hole cut into the 4 inch PVC pipe (5).
6. Secure the fan assembly (4) with mounting screws (3).
7. Reconnect the draft inducer fan motor wiring as tagged.
8. Install the cover (1) onto the junction box (2).
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0041 00-3/(4 Blank)