DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE (CL)
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
WASTEWATE VALVE ASSEMBLY
Waste Water Vacuum Tank Trailer (WWVT/T) (Item 6, WP 0072 00)
Blackwater holding tank empty.
Repair the Blackwater Valve Assembly
Protective clothing and equipment must be worn. Heavy-duty rubber apron, rubber
gloves, safety splash goggles and/or face shield are required when potential exists for
contact with wastewater or contaminated surfaces. Wastewater and surfaces may be
contaminated with pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria or viruses, which present a risk
of serious illness or death to personnel.
1. Place the CLS out of service.
2. Ensure the No. 2 tank is pumped dry of any blackwater, and has been rinsed and sanitized in
3. Disconnect the QD fitting (1) from the wastewater hose (2), if fitted.
4. Unscrew the discharge valve assembly (3) from the container.
5. Install the plug (4) on the countersink.
6. Unscrew the 4-inch pipe nipple (5) from the valve (6), and replace unserviceable parts as necessary.
7. Coat the threads of the pipe nipple (5) with pipe sealant or anti-seize tape.
8. Place the valve handle (7) in the open (inline) position.
9. Screw the nipple (5) into the valve (6).