5-43. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE FACE PLATE AND EYE GUARD MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Wipe all parts using a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
(2) If eye guard is dirty or oily, wash with general purpose detergent (Appendix F, Item 11) and warm
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect eye guard for cracks or other damage.
(3) Inspect face plate for damage.
(4) Inspect lower guide plate for damage.
(5) Inspect plate pin for damage.
(6) Inspect lower guide roller for damage.
(7) Inspect lower thread collar for damage.
Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective components.