(6) Observe battery-charging meter for proper
(b) Position the control box cover in place
on the main control box and secure by depressing
(7) Check frequency meter for proper reading.
the clamps to lock the cover in place.
c. Generator Operation. Refer to the following
If meter dose not indicate 61 cycle, the engine
governor must be adjusted.
voltage is controlled by "VOLT ADJ" knob on
the front panel.
Do not install or change load cables or
change voltage selector switch while the
generator is in operation.
If no output is indicated the generator set has
been in storage or out of operation for a long period
(1) Set voltage selector switch for desired
of time, lower the front panel of the control cabinet
and momentarily press the field flash switch.
(2) Place circuit breaker in the OFF position.
(9) When set is adjusted to proper levels and
(3) Insure that load line is connected to the
the engine has reached operating temperature (3 to
5 minutes) place circuit breaker in ON position.
(4) Start the generator set. Refer to paragraph
(5) Observe engine oil pressure indicator for
proper oil pressure.
Figure 2-13. Engine-generator operating controls.
d. Laundry Unit Operation.
knob (fig. 2-5) counterclockwise until the record is
(1) Washing and Extracting the Load.
at the start of the cycle.
(a) Automatic Operation.
2. Load the washer-extractor with 60
1. Make certain the AUTO-MANUAL
pounds (27 kg) of wash, refer to table 2-2 as a
control switch is in the OFF position. With the
reference to the weight of certain items.
proper control record on the drum, turn the control