Figure 12. Location of anchors, hooks, and reflectors on M54, M54A1, M54AIC, M54A2, M54A2C,
M813, M813A1 trucks
(2) Using template provided in kit and fabricated spacer (figure 2), scribe location of ten anchors on
left side, ten on right side, two on front panel and two on tailgate, as shown in figure 12.
(3) Cut holes using a hole saw, matching the template. Trim rough edges and arc weld 24 anchors
as shown in figure 1 for fillet welds. Install 10 hooks and two reflectors in paragraph 4a, steps (9) through
f. Procedure for M55, M55A1, M55A2, M814 Trucks.
(1) Remove and retain seven paulin lashing hooks, one reflector, two screws and two locknuts from
each side panel of cargo body. Discard 28 lashing hook screws and nuts.
(2) Using template provided in kit and fabricated spacer (figure 2), scribe location of sixteen anchors
on left side, sixteen on right side, two on front, and two on rear panels of body (figure 13).
Center template between bow storage bracket holes, as
(3) Cut holes matching the template. Trim rough edges and arc weld 36 anchors as shown
1 for fillet welds. Install 14 hooks and two reflectors as shown in paragraph 1-4, (9) through (1 3).