5-50. BUTION SEWING MACHINE THREAD RELEASE AND NIPPER MAINTENANCE - continued.
(1) Install thread nipper stud (1), stud washer (2) onto thread release lever (3),and secure with nut (4).
(2) Install the thread release lever (3) to the machine and secure with the hinge lever screw (5).
(3) Screw thread release head (6) onto the thread release rod (7).
(4) Install the thread release head (6) and the thread rod (7) into the machine from the top.
The thread release spring is a lighter gauge material than the lower spring is.
(5) Slide the thread release spring (8), two thread collars (9), lower spring (10), and the spring washer
(11) onto the thread release rod (7).
(6) Tighten two setscrews (12).
Plate washer is installed with bevel side up.
(7) Install the thread nipper plate (13) and the plate washer (14). Secure with the thread screw (15) and
the plate screw (16).
Adjustment. Refer to paragraph 4-49 for thread release and nipper adjustment.