(4) Unscrew and remove the supply and
4-29. Fuel Hose and Barrel Plug
return pipes (3 and 5) from the barrel plug.
a. Description. The barrel plug is used in the 55-
(5) Unscrew and remove the fuel hose
gallon fuel drum, and the fuel hoses are connected to
assemblies (4, fig. 4-20) from the connections on the
the barrel plug. The barrel plug has a fuel supply pipe
fuel pump and on the fuel filter.
that extends to the bottom of the fuel drum and a short
(6) Unscrew and remove the fuel hose
assemblies from the adapters (1) on the barrel plug (2).
c. Inspection. Inspect for broken or cracked plugs,
(1) Disconnect the fuel feed and return hose
adapters, pipes and for damaged threads. Inspect the
assemblies (4, fig. 4-20) from the barrel plug (2).
hose assemblies for crossed or damaged threads, and
(2) Unscrew and remove the barrel plug from
for frayed and excessively worn places on the hoses.
the fuel drum.
d. Installation. Replace defective parts and hose
(3) Remove the two adapters (1) from the
assemblies with serviceable ones, and install them by
reversing the procedure in b above.